Tuesday, October 15, 2013

18w6d

On Oct. 9th, we found out that Baby Hassan #2 is a girl! 

I will be 19 weeks tomorrow, and looking forward to being on the down hill stretch of my 40 weeks, next week. It doesn't feel like it at the time, but the past 13 weeks of knowing that we are expecting now seem to have flew right past us! 

I'm thankful that we have things like family visits (yay for paid work trips that Elliot can take us with him on!), Thanksgiving, Christmas, then our (bigger) little one will be turning 3! Hopefully all of these things will keep my mind occupied and I won't got crazy waiting for Little Miss to arrive :) 

your baby's the size of a mango!
At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces, she's getting there!


your baby at 19 weeks
  • Developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth.
  • Working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.
Now onto things like: picking a name... Elliot doesn't like to look for names together, but he doesn't mind me running names by him... *sigh* So that leaves me to sift through all the forms, baby name sites and wherever else I stumble upon. But somehow I always end up reading other peoples posts like "Weirdest names you've head?" (Nevaeh, Soyyer?), but, we have 21 weeks to decide so I'll so some more searching around until we find just the right name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment